Required criteria: All Textbook Review badge holders have:
* Reviewed the COT textbook reviewer training materials.
* Reviewed a textbook of at least 100 pages or 5 chapters.
* Completed most worksheets of the reviews spreadsheet in some detail, rating each of the chapters of the textbook, with some variation in scoring.
* Provided review comments include positive remarks and constructive suggestions.
* Have written a prose review that required some editing by the reviews manager.
* Had their review accepted by College Open Textbooks, Open Doors, Textbook Equity, or other COT Collaborative or Open Doors member organization.
* Agreed to license the review as CC BY.
Recommended additional criteria. Many badge-holders have done one or more of the following:
* Completed the MERLOT reviewer training.
* Reviewed a long textbook (200+ pages or 10+ chapters) or two small textbooks.
* Completed all worksheets of the reviews spreadsheet in great detail, rating each of the chapters of the textbook, with substantial variation in scoring.
* Have written a prose review that required little or no editing by reviews manager.
* Blogged about the review and/or presented the review at a conference or in a workshop.